Notes on Consciousness
Predictive Coding with Prediction Error Signals
Predictive Coding Animation
Multiple Retinotopic Maps of the Visual Field
WebGL version of Zhang Et Al 2019
See Also: More Notes, Blueprint, Panksepp: Archeology/Emotions, Feinberg/Mallat: Consciousness Demystified, Koch: Feeling of Life, Pinker: The Stuff of Thought. Korb: Upward Spiral, Gwande: Being Mortal, Churchland: Touching a Nerve, Wilson: Social Conquest of Earth, Conceptual Spaces Cheat Sheet, Swarm Intelligence, Clock of the Long Now, Consciousness: a user's guide, The Space Between Our Ears, embodied,
Notes on Consciousness inspired by Baars 2013: Dynamic Global Workspace,
Resting State 2014,
Meca Sapiens/Strange Loop,
Large Scale Brain Networks
Aside from religious texts, which can give us sense of what we are doing here on this earth, and political texts, which can tell us the rules by which we are supposed to be playing, there are also many books which I have found useful for thinking about how to live my life. This is not a very disciplined approach. Sorry.
7 habits, Stephen Covey:
Getting to Yes - Roger Fisher, William Ury
I've been really enjoying BSP with Ginger Campbell!
Based on the results of scores of studies, here are 10 things you can do to reduce the risk of losing cognition and developing Alzheimer’s dementia:
1. Pick your parents well! Make sure you get good genes, a good education, a second language and music lessons. Avoid emotional neglect.
2. Engage in regular cognitive and physical activity,
3. Strengthen and maintain social ties.
4. Get out and explore new things.
5. Chillax and be happy.
6. Avoid people who are downers, especially close family members!
7. Be conscientious and diligent.
8. Spend time engaged in activities that are meaningful and goal-directed.
9. Be heart-healthy: what's good for the heart is good for the brain.
10. Eat the MIND diet, with fresh fruit and vegetables and fish.
11. (For This Is Spinal Tap fans, our list goes to 11.) Be lucky!
[ jch - notice, excercise is at the top of every list. ]
2021-09-19 (started 17-OCT-97 jch)